Energy and Manufacturing
Our advocacy team at the Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia, the CEO Council for Growth and Select Greater Philadelphia are helping energy firms and manufacturers in the region establish ties with — and build support among — policymakers, business leaders and citizens of the region by:
- Educating the business community on the economic benefit of developing the energy and manufacturing sectors within the region
- Marketing the region’s strengths as an energy hub and premier location to work and do business in order to grow jobs and attract companies
- Advocating for a competitive energy market and influence policy makers to remove policy barriers that impede the future development of the energy and manufacturing sector
Greater Philadelphia Energy Action Team
The Chamber and its affiliates, the CEO Council for Growth and Select Greater Philadelphia, have assembled a multi-industry energy consortium of 80+ business, public sector, labor and academic leaders known as the Greater Philadelphia Energy Action Team (GPEAT). GPEAT is working together to capitalize on the Marcellus and Utica natural gas reserves and leverage the Greater Philadelphia’s energy and manufacturing assets to accelerate economic growth in these sectors, with the ultimate vision of establishing the region as the nation’s next Energy Hub. GPEAT’s primary objectives are:
- Promote pipeline development from Pennsylvania shale gas wells to the Greater Philadelphia region to increase the supply of hydrocarbons used in heating, manufacturing, petrochemical processing and in other industries
- Attract more energy-intensive manufacturing companies to southeastern Pennsylvania, southern New Jersey and northern Delaware, and thereby grow demand for natural gas and NGLs and stimulate direct and indirect economic growth and job creation in the region
Tools & Reports
On March 30, 2016, the Greater Philadelphia Energy Action Team released a report detailing the opportunities and challenges for Greater Philadelphia to leverage the Marcellus/Utica natural gas resources to accelerate growth in our region. As a companion to the report, GPEAT also launched an energy assets mapping tool to dynamically display the region’s resources and infrastructure in support of energy and manufacturing development.
- 2016 Report: A Pipeline for Growth: Fueling Economic Revitalization with Marcellus and Utica Shale Gas
- Energy Assets Map: The Energy Assets Map is available in a public version with limited details. If you are a site consultant, manufacturer or project developer interested in locating an energy intensive or natural gas related project in Greater Philadelphia, please contact Jeanne Nevelos at email@example.com for an extended presentation of this mapping tool.
- Become a member of the Greater Philadelphia Energy Action Team
As a member of the Chamber you gain access to many exclusive events with public officials and decision makers working on energy and manufacturing-related issues in the region.
- Business opportunities and benefits of locating your company in the region.
- Request to join a committee
We are always looking for new participants to join our advocacy committees. If you are interested please contact us, and we will be in touch if positions become available.
- Attend an upcoming event